Tumbleweed Cheddar Popovers
From The Kitchen of Glenmere Mansion
By: Gunnar Thompson, Executive Chef
Yields 10-12 Jumbo Popovers
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 tbl melted butter
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbl granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups shredded 5 Spoke Creamery Tumbleweed Cheddar
- Preheat Conventional oven to 375 degrees or 350 with a convection fan.
- Generously grease with softened butter or nonstick spray your popover pan or a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, crack whole eggs and whisk lightly to break up the yolks.
- Add milk, sea salt and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Next add the flour and whisk to make a fairly smooth batter- do not over whip or the popovers will be tough.
- Finally, stir in the melted butter and ¾ cup of the shredded 5 Spoke Creamery Tumbleweed Cheddar.
- Fill the popover tin 2/3 full and top with the remaining shredded 5 Spoke Creamery Tumbleweed Cheddar.
- Place the tins on a baking tray and put into the oven. The baking time in a conventional oven is 45 minutes and convection oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pull the popovers from their tin. If the stick, run a small knife around the edge to help the popovers release. These are best eaten shortly after they are baked.
- Bon Appetit!